History of Changes in Version 2.x
the IupOleControl in Lua will not automatically initialize LuaCOM anymore.
The application must manually call "elem:CreateLuaCOM()". The
previous initialization was incorrect (thanks to Ross Berteig).
- Fixed: parameter checking and the return value in Lua for
IupListDialog when type=2.
- Fixed: the return value for IupGetText when
the user canceled.
- Fixed: The 32 bits version of the IupLua
console in Windows XP64 was not working.
- Fixed: IupLua initialization when retrieving
the argc/argv arguments for IupOpen. (Thanks to Ross Berteig)
- Fixed: action callback return value in Lua
for the IupGetParam dialog. (Thanks to Zhiwei)
the iuplua51 makefile where not using the g++ linker, so require"imlua"
removed csh dependency from make_uname scripts.
removed IupSpeech from source and documentation.
IupOpen was crashing if used with NULL parameters.
DIRECTORY attribute in IupFileDlg when set to NULL did an invalid
invalid default value for SCROLLBAR attribute in IupMultiline and
size of tips window when displaying a multiline string.
some frame lines where not drawn in IupMatrix.
- IupOpen function declaration now include command
line arguments used by X-Windows and GTK.
- "IUP" cursor in Windows renamed to "HELP" cursor.
- WIN_SAVEBITS renamed to SAVEUNDER.
- removed old "MOTIF_FONT" and "WINFONT" attributes. Use
only the "FONT" attribute.
- removed old IUP_ANYWHERE and IupColor definitions.
- IupGetType renamed to IupGetClassName.
- all functions that receive a constant string now has the "const"
modifier for the string parameter declaration.
- Copyright notice modified to reflect the registration at INPI
(National Institute of Intellectual Property in Brazil). License
continues under the same terms.
- the support services (Downloads, Mailing List and CVS) moved from
LuaForge to SourceForge.
All dll8 and dll9 DLLs now have a Manifest file that specifies the
Makefiles for UNIX now uses a compact version of Tecmake that does not
need any installation, just type "make".
removed "INCLUDE" parameter for FILE_CB callback in IupFileDlg.
improved automatic inactive image generation.
premake files are used now only internally and were removed from the
IupLua3 libraries are not included in the distribution anymore. They
are only available in source code or internally at Tecgraf.
All Lua samples now have the extension .wlua, and contains
require"iuplua" and iup.MainLoop() in the code. Thanks to Ryan Pusztai.
added traceback information to error message dialog in IupLua. Thanks
to Fred Abraham.
The IupLua Console now must include require commands for any additional
IupView image export in C format.
removed MARGIN from IupFrame documentation. IupFrame does not have a
removed MARGIN from IupZbox documentation. IupZbox does not have a
SYSTEM global attribute in Windows, when running Windows Vista.
Improved visual appearance and ticks of bar mode in IupPPlot.
missing IupMessagef export in the DLL.
LEDC generated code for 64-bits.
- the "cdiup" and "cdluaiup" libraries moved from CD to IUP under the
name "iupcd" and "iupluacd". But headers and documentation remains on
the CD package. Function names were NOT changed. This change eliminates
a cross-dependency of IUP and CD, now only IUP depends on CD.
"iupluaimglib" library so require"iupluaimglib" can be used to
dinamically load the image library.
invalid memory access when set FONT to NULL.
CARET position when a selection is interactively changed or when the
caret is at the begining of the selection in IupText, IupMultiline and
TABSIZE IupMultiline attribute scale convertion.
invalid character inserted in IupMultiline when opening a dialog from a
Removed X run time warning when creating a list.
FRAMEVERTCOLORL:C, FRAMEHORIZCOLORL:C and CHECKFRAMECOLOR attributes
EXTENDED_CB callback was never called in IupColorbar.
invalid memory access in IupTree when using images with a color index
greater than 128.]
invalid memory access in IupTabs when all tabs are disabled and a next
or previous tab button is pushed.
invalid memory access in IupColorbar.
invalid call to CLICK_CB when resizing column in IupMatrix.
Version 2.6 (26/Nov/2007)
SELECTION attribute in IupText now accept values in reverse order.
IupView improvements. New functions: "Save All Images"; "Save All
Images in One File". Changes: "Import Image" can load multiple images
in Windows; "Save Image" allow to save in GIF format.
SCROLLBAR attribute for IupMultiline and IupList.
WORDWRAP attribute for IupMultiline.
"INCLUDE" parameter for FILE_CB callback in IupFileDlg.
FONT creation when system uses a non ANSI charset.
FONT attribute internal storage.
IupMapFont interpretation of the size value to use points in X-Windows
Logical Font Description format (XLFD).
- New: new
parameter for IupGetParam to specifiy a file name string that can be
changed using a file selection dialog. Thanks to Flavia Anjos. New
interval step for real and integer interval.
for all additional controls the used font follows strict the FONT
attribute. Previously for some of the controls the CD default font were
used causing an inconsistency with the control size calculation.
- Fixed: ACTIVE
update in IupVal.
in IupPPlot ACTIVE attribute renamed to CURRENT to avoid conflict with
the IupCanvas ACTIVE attribute. Fixed DS_MODE and DS_EDIT return
values. Fixed DS_EDIT when set to "NO" from a previously set to "YES".
moved IupSbox, IupCbox and IupSpin to the core library. They do not
depend on the CD library.
BGCOLORL:C, FGCOLORL:C and FONTL:C are now handled different for title
columns and title lines. When you set the color or font of a full
line/column it will not affect the title line/column except when that
line/column is the title line/column (lin=0 or col=0). Individual cell
colors are still handled independently.
RASTERWIDTHn and RASTERHEIGHTn attributes.
EDITION_CB called with invalid self parameter.
DROPSELECT_CB called after
dropdown list is hidden.
missing IupCells and IupColorbar initialization in iupcontrolslua_open.
added LuaGL binding to the IupLua console executable. So OpenGL
commands can be used in Lua.
Version 2.6 RC2 (10/May/2007)
function IupUpdate to force a redraw of the element and its children.
function IupExitLoop to exit the current message loop. It is equivalent
of returning IUP_CLOSE in a callback.
now for the IupList when DROPDOWN=Yes the size of the dropped list will
expand to include the largest text.
Version 2.6 RC1 (15/Apr/2007)
functions IupGetChild, IupGetAllAttributes.
CLIPBOARD attribute with COPY, PASTE and CUT values for IupText and
control IupPPlot that uses the PPlot library to draw 2D plots. Thanks
to Marian Trifon.
LEDC now supports IupCells, IupCbox, IupOleControl and IupSpin.
IupMultiline and IupText size calculation. When EXPAND is different
than NO or NULL, the control will ignore its contents when calculating
the control size if SIZE or RASTERSIZE is not set. So now if text is
larger than the multiline and EXPAND is set, the multiline will not
expand to include its contents when the dialog is expanded. In this
case the multiline will be expanded only what the dialog allows it to
size update when FONT is set. Now to update the control size IupRefresh
must be called.
Added missing documentation of IupGetParent.
caps lock key codes.
Added missing IupSetAttributeHandle and IupGetAttributeHandle exports
in the DLL.
Resource files moved from "iup/lib" to "iup/etc".
IupFileDlg attributes FILE and DIRECTORY in Windows to accept paths
containing also "/".
dialog activation after IupPopup.
IUP_CLOSE return in K_ANY and K_* callbacks.
WHEEL_CB parameters x and y.
IupPopup for menus when used in the Tray if there is no visible dialogs.
FONT attribute initialization when control is not mapped yet. Affected
mainly controls inside other controls.
FONT attribute parse when value is invalid.
TOPLEVEL global attribute.
default IupHelp application in Linux to "firefox".
some attributes were updating the size of the control in the dialog.
Now to update the control size IupRefresh must be called.
return value of IupLoopStep.
invalid resize of IupList when COMBOBOX=YES and an element is added
convertion to string for an Ihandle. Now returns "IUP(type):
address", for example "IUP(dialog): 08C55240".
IupLua5 executable in Windows to enable GDI+ in CD library.
IupLua3 libraries names changed to include "3" as a suffix.
Added missing IupGLIsCurrent binding.
error message management when inside a callback in Lua 5.
error handling in iuplua_dofile and iuplua_dostring.
the second ihandle parameter inside the callabacks in Lua 3: DROP_CB,
DROPSELECT_CB and TABCHANGE_CB.
conflict in dialog resize attribute with resize callback from canvas in
getattribute metamethod when value is not a number or string before
calling GetHandle to check if it is a handle.
setattribute metamethod when value is stored in C now is also set to
nil in Lua to avoid old invalid values in Lua.
IupAlarm optional parameters in Lua 3.
missing edit_cb callback definition for IupList in Lua 5.
Lua object memory management when destroy is called.
RELEASE_CB mouse callback.
DRAW_CB callback to add the CD canvas as the last parameter. Now the
canvas is also available for CDLua.
BGCOLOR and FGCOLOR for full lines or full columns in titles (L:* or
BGCOLOR for titles and empty area to use the parent's BGCOLOR instead
of the dialog BGCOLOR.
BGCOLOR_CB and FGCOLOR_CB in Lua when IUP_IGNORE is returned.
setting VALUE attribute when the cell is being edited.
redraw when resizing collum and the scroolbar is added to the canvas in
redraw in SunOS after editing the cell.
in IupTabs, when next or previous tab is selected using the arrow
buttons or arrow keys, inactive tabs are skipped.
CD calls to use the new CD API available only in CD version 5.0. So IUP
will not be compatible with old CD versions.
Because of the new parameter of DRAW_CB callback in IupMatrix, the
IupControls Lua binding now depends on the CD Lua binding.
F2 key processing to rename a node in IupTree.
focus change when changing the active tab in IupTabs.
BUTTON_PRESS_CB and BUTTON_RELEASE_CB binding in Lua 3 for IupDial and
IupTree rename box position when using scrollbars.
Added missing DLL export IupGLIsCurrent.
Version 2.5 (31/Mar/2006)
- IMPORTANT: New functions IupSetCallback and IupGetCallback
to register callbacks without using a global name. IupGetFunction and
IupSetFunction are still working, but are not used internally anymore.
The new functions speed up the performance of callbacks, and reduce to
zero name conflicts for callbacks in the global name table. It is
recommended that the applications should replace IupSetFunction and
IupGetFunction by IupSetCallback and IupGetCallback. IupLua
applications are automatically benefited.
- IMPORTANT: Applications that overload internal callbacks of
the additional controls (like IupMatrix and IupTree) must now use
IupSetCallback and IupGetCallback to do the overloading. And as before
these callback can not be overloaded in Lua.
- IMPORTANT: removed the support for callback inheritance.
Now callbacks can only be set in the own element. The only execption is
the K_ANY and the K_* callbacks that continues to be propagated to the
parent of the element with the keyboard focus. (This was a not very
usefull feature, with very few uses. But slows a lot calback management
in C and in Lua. With the new IupGetCallback we were able to remove the
inheritance mecanism for callbacks.)
- Changed some function declarations of the main API, some
now use "const char*" in their declaration.
- Changed global attributes now are stored only if not
processed by the driver.
- IMPORTANT: Changed the definition of Icallback to a simple
one without the variable arguments. Fixed canvas callback parameters,
in the documentation is float, but with the old Icallback definition
the compiler used double. Now must be float.
- Changed all the internal attributes now start with the
- Changed the default limit for text in IupText and
IupMultiline to be 231.
- New canvas callback FOCUS_CB.
- New helper function IupSetAttributeHandle to associate
Ihandle* to attributes using automatic names. Instead of using
IupSetHandle and IupSetAttribute with a new creative name, this
function automatically creates a non conflict name and associates the
name with the attribute. Also new function IupGetAttributeHandle.
- New "Pause" button in the IUP Image Library.
- Fixed the MULTISELECT_CB callback of the IupList so it does
not need that the ACTION callback is also defined.
- Reviewed the popup dialog management. So we improve the
behavior of the IupShow of other dialogs after a IupPopup, and a new
possibility to safely cascade popups.
- IMPORTANT: Global attribute WIN_DEFAULTFONT renamed to
- Fixed attribute PLACEMENT=NORMAL when the dialog in
minimized or maximized.
- Fixed IupPopup for menus, when the menu item callback
returned IUP_CLOSE, the return value is now processed and the
application is closed.
- Change WOM_CB and be set also for the dialog.
- Changed CoInitialize to
CoInitializeEx[COINIT_APARTMENTTHREADED] and InitCommonControls to
InitCommonControlsEx[ICC_WIN95_CLASSES] in IupOpen.
- Changed the GETFOCUS_CB and KILLFOCUS_CB callbacks for the
additional controls IupMatrix, IupVal and IupDial, now can be set
without affecting their implementation.
- Changed the K_ANY for the additional controls IupTree,
IupSpin and IupColorBrowser, now can be set without affecting their
- New DOUBLEBUFFER attribute for IupTabs. Default is YES. If
NO will disable the double buffer. This may solve a slow Tabs redraw in
UNIX when the a Tab contains many controls.
- New IupVal attributes HANDLER_IMAGE and
HANDLER_IMAGE_INACTIVE that allow the use of images to replace the
handler. Thanks to Rodrigo Espinha.
- Reviewed and optimized iupMask code. Added new callback
- IMPORTANT: Callbacks ACTION and SCROLL_CB were renamed to
ACTION_CB and SCROLLTOP_CB to avoid conflict with the IupCanvas
callbacks also inherited by the IupMatrix.
- IMPORTANT: You can not automatically override the
KEYPRESS_CB callback anymore. You must save the original callback and
call it from inside your own.
- IMPORTANT: Now when in callback mode much less memory will
be allocated. Also the new callbacks MARK_CB and MARKEDIT_CB
can be used to control the selected cells in callback mode.
- Fixed some string buffer sizes to handle very large
- Fixed IupGetAttribute for the VALUE attribute when using
callback mode and retrieving colum or line title values ("0:C" or
- Changed "matrx_img_cur_excel" to "IupMatrixCrossCursor".
Old name is still available.
- IMPORTANT: The IupTree implementation now uses the
KEYPRESS_CB callback. The K_ANY override support was removed. The K_ANY
callback can be used normally. If the application was using the
KEYPRESS_CB, now it must override it manually, you must save the
original callback and call it from inside your own.
- Change the appearance in Windows and Motif are now the
same. Both systems look like the previous Windows implementation with a
white background and some small enhancements.
- IMPORTANT: IupLua3 now supports IupLua5 names. Old IupLua3
names still work, but now all the samples for IupLua5 also work in
IupLua3. The documentation and the examples for the old names were
removed from the manual pages. Old applications using IupLua3 can use
the old names or the new names. This will make easier to old
applications migrate their code to Lua 5. All Lua examples were
re-tested and fixed.
- IMPORTANT: In IupLua3 the callbacks in C are registered
only when the application register the callback in Lua, just like in
- IMPORTANT: IupColorBrowser name changed in IupLua3 from
"iupcb" to "iupcolorbrowser".
- Fixed documentation of IupGetAllDialogs and IupGetAllNames.
Fixed implementation to match the documentation.
- Fixed IupTimer old callback name in IupLua3.
- Fixed DROPFILES_CB canvas callback can be now used in Lua
for the controls based in IupCanvas, like IupMatrix and IupTree.
- Fixed parameters of the canvas action and scroll_cb
callbacks in Lua 5.
- Fixed missing FILE_CB callback in Lua.
- Changed all the additional controls now can have the
K_ANY, GETFOCUS_CB and KILLFOCUS_CB callbacks without affecting their
- Changed Lua 5.1 "require" can now be used for all the
IupLua 5.1 libraries, but the full library name must be used. For
example: require"iuplua51", require"iupluacontrols51".
- Documented the IupLua 5 architecture.
- Reviewed and reorganized IupLua3 and IupLua5
code, also cleaned and simplified. In IupLua3 callbacks are now set
only if they are set by the application.
- Changed IupClose can now be called from Lua in Lua 5.
- Reviewed and improved the interchange of Ihandle between C
and Lua. The documentation was updated with all the possibilities.
Version 2.4 (12/Dec/2005)
- New attribute ZORDER to change the zorder of any control or
- New 3STATE attribute for IupToggle to enable a three state
- Reviewed and improved the creation of controls, so they can
be added to an already created dialog.
- Reviewed and improved the natural size estimation for each
standard controls. The estimation now is the same for Windows and Motif
with some minor differences for border and scrollbar sizes. All the
controls can have sizes bigger or smaller than the natural size using
SIZE or RASTERSIZE attributes (natural size is the size of the control
that fits all of its contents).
- Improved FULLSCREEN IupDialog attribute in Windows and
Motif, so the application can set fullscreen and then restore to normal
state any time.
- New attribute FLAT for IupButton to create a button with
mouse over activation (Windows and Motif).
- New MULTISELECT_CB callback for IupList. It can replace the
action callback for multiple selection lists.
- Fixed names of headers, initialization functions and
libraries that did not have the "iup" prefix. Headers
"iupolecontrol.h", "luacontrols.h" and "luagl.h" changed to "iupole.h",
"iupluacontrols.h" and "iupluagl.h". Private headers and declarations
removed from "iup/include" folder. Functions controlslua_open,
gllua_open and iupluaim_open changed to iupcontrolslua_open,
iupgllua_open and iupimlua_open.
- New documentation of the IupOleControl control, including
a sample and Lua bindings. Thanks to Vinicius Almendra.
- New function IupRefresh to update the size and layout of
controls after changing size attributes.
- Exported the internal functions: IupZboxv, IupHboxv,
IupVboxv and IupMenuv.
- Fixed several memory leaks. Thanks to
Visual Leak Detector.
- IupView application can now save imagens in C source code
- New additional library with several pre-defined images for
buttons and labels. See IupImageLib.
- Optimization flags now are ON when building the library in
- Now all the predefined dialogs consult the global attribute
- Missing key definitions: K_sDEL and K_sINS. This prevented
the Del key to work when CAPSLOCK was active in some controls.
- Changed IUP_QUIET environment variable now default is YES.
- Support for MDI (Multiple Document Interface). See
- Fixed IupLabel with IMAGE with invalid focus.
- New SUNKEN attribute for IupFrame.
- Fixed appearance of IupLabel with IMAGE when ACTIVE=NO.
- Fixed initial value in the IupList when EDITBOX=YES.
- Now it is not necessary anymore to use the "iup.rc" file
for the HAND cursor. It is now build in.
- New value for PLACEMENT attribute, FULL to position the
client area of the dialog in fullscreen.
- IupButton and IupToggle with images using Windows XP Visual
Styles now uses a styled border. See IupButton documentation for
- Missing documentation of ENTERWINDOW_CB and LEAVEWINDOW_CB
- Fixed button draw with BGCOLOR and empty text.
- New COMPOSITED attribute to create a window with an
automatic double buffer for all controls.
- New LAYERED and LAYERALPHA attributes to set and configure
layered windows using transparency.
- Fixed image offset in IupButton.
- Fixed invalid redraw for IupLabel using an IupImage when
inside a IupTabs or IupSbox.
- Added an "ifndef IUP_NO_ABNT" enclosing the ABNT keyboard
management so it will be easier to ignore this code from the makefile.
- Default FONT in Windows XP is now the Tahoma font.
- BGCOLOR for canvas was not being updated correctly when
changed after canvas creation.
- SHOWDROPDOWN now works also in Motif.
- Removed horizontal scrollbar parameter from simple IupList
(DROPDOWN=NO and EDITBOX=NO) to made it compatible with the other lists
(including the simple IupList in Windows).
- Fixed KILLFOCUS_CB and GETFOCUS_CB for IupList with
DROPDOWN=YES or EDITBOX=YES.
- Fixed invalid IupList resize when DROPDOW=Yes after
inserting elements in the list.
- New BACKINGSTORE IupCanvas attribute so the backing store
can be disabled.
- Changed IupToggle with IMAGE and IMPRESS to behave like in
Windows, where the button border is always shown.
- Fixed error in menu item initialization.
- IMPORTANT: for best results CD version 4.4 should be used.
- Fixed IupSpin keyboard response and mouse press
& hold response.
- New MULTISELECTION_CB callback for IupTree.
- New IupCells control. It is an application controlled
matrix. More simple and faster than IupMatrix. Can also span cells.
Thanks to Andr Clinio.
- New IupCbox control for concrete layout positioning.
- Fixed IupTabs tab activation using mouse. It could
activate a different tab using button press in one tab and button
release in another tab.
- Fixed spin buttons were not calling the user callback in
- Fixed IupVal non effective increment using keyboard when
at minimum value.
- Fixed invalid IupSetAttribute for scrollbar parameters in
IupTree that affects navigation of two or more trees in the same
- Fixed keyboard usage when CAPSLOCK is active for IupVal,
IupTabs and IupDial.
- New functions iupMaskRemove and iupmaskMatRemove to remove
the iupMask from a control.
- New RENAME action attribute for the IupTree.
- New attribute TABORIENTATION to change the tab text
orientation. The active tab text is now bold.
- Changed CARET and SELECTION attributes of the IupTree when
using an in-place rename text box, to RENAMECARET and RENAMESELECTION.
This will avoid conflict with the SELECTION_CB callback in IupLua3.
- Redefined REDRAW policy to a more precise and effective
one. No redraw is done when the application sets cell, line
or column graphics attributes attributes: 0:0,
BGCOLORL:*, BGCOLOR*:C, BGCOLORL:C, FGCOLORL:*, FGCOLOR*:C, FGCOLORL:C,
FONTL:C. Global and size attributes
always automatically redraw the matrix.
- Improved double click editing in Motif. Since OpenMotif
2.2.3 the double click to edit the cell works fine. For previous
version there is still a workaround to show the controls and the need
to click again in the control so it get the focus.
- All the edition mode code were rewritten and reorganized
in a separated module. Any old code was removed and cleaned.
- Small change in focus feedback, its area was reduced to
two pixels in each cell border.
- Cell focus management code reorganized to a more simple
and efficient version.
- New SORTSIGNC attribute to show a sort
sign (up or down arrow) in the column C title.
- New drawing in double buffer mode to minimize flicker.
- Fixed dropdown feedback drawing.
- Fixed focus feedback after double click editing.
- The alignment of the text in a cell with a dropdown
feedback now considers the horizontal space occupied by the feedback.
- The DRAW_CB callback drawing area now does not includes
the focus feedback area if HIDEFOCUS=NO (the default).
- NUMCOL_VISIBLE and NUMLIN_VISIBLE now when retrieved
returns the current number of visible lines.
- Fixed problem after trying to edit a non editable cell the
focus gets lost.
- Reviewed documentation and behavior of marks.
- IupLua5 source code is now 100% compatible with Lua 5.1.
- The iuplua binding and all its libraries can now be
dinamically loaded in Lua 5. IupOpen will be automatically called.
- iupkey_open can now be called from Lua 5, using
- New IupGetParam binding.
- Changed the keys definitions (K_*) in Lua so now they are
exactly the same as the definitions in C.
- Fixed invalid IupGetAllNames in IupLua5. Fixed missing
IupGetAllNames binding in IupLua5.
- Fixed IupTree EXECUTELEAF_CB callback in IupLua5. It was
expecting an invalid extra parameter.
- Fixed error in IupTabs memory initialization in IupLua5.
- Fixed missing IupGetText binding.
- Fixed missing pre-defined masks for iupMask.
- Fixed missing isxkey macro binding.
- Fixed missing callback scroll_cb in IupLua3.
- Fixed missing IupVersion documentation and binding.
- Fixed IupSetGlobal and IupStoreGlobal in IupLua5.
Version 2.3.1 (18/Apr/2005)
- New support for 64-bits Linux.
- New global attribute DLGBGCOLOR.
- Changed the KEYPRESS_CB and K_ANY callback are now
compatible with Portuguese Brazilian ABNT keyboard layout in Windows
- Changed key names K_quoteright and K_quoteleft
renamed to K_apostrophe and K_grave,
but there are backward compatible defines.
- Fixed IupOpen/IupClose for correct
- Fixed IupGetGlobal to retreive first from the driver.
- Fixed IupDestroy for correct memory deallocation.
- Fixed IupLoadImage to include BGCOLOR information. New
- New Guide / C++ Usage section in the documentation, with
additional C++ wrappers contributed by some users. Thanks to Danny
Reinholds, Sergio Maffra and Frederico Abraham.
- Fixed K_ANY duplicate calls for some keys.
- Fixed popup menu bug. Sometimes when selecting an item the
callback was not called.
- Changed IupText and IupMultiline now can have the ALIGNMENT
- Fixed use of variable parameter arguments in Motif calls to
correct 64-bits compatibility.
- Fixed some small bugs in IupDestroy. GETFOCUS_CB callbacks
were called during dialog destroy. Menu bars were incorrectly destroyed.
- Changed IupGetParam now uses only the number of lines to
determine the number of parameters. The last 0 is not necessary anymore.
- Fixed bug in IupColorBrowser destroy.
- Fixed IupTree initialization for LED usage.
- New IupTree feature to rename a node in place.
- New IupColorbar control. It is a palette of colors to allow
the selection of primary and secondary colors. Thanks to Andr Clinio.
- New function IupGLIsCurrent.
- Fixed callbacks for IupDial in IupLua5.
- Fixed data initialization in Motif.
- New menu items to save images in individual LED and Lua
text files, and in Windows ICON files.
- New menu item to load an image using IM.
Version 2.3 (16/Mar/2005)
- Download, Discussion List, Submission of Bugs, Support
Requests and Feature Requests, are now available thanks to LuaForge
- New organization of the documentation.
- New MacOS X libraries using OpenMotif and gcc.
- New CARET_CB callback for the IupText, IupMultiline and
IupList controls. It is called every time the caret changes its
- IMPORTANT: Now the canvas background color is only
redrawn if the ACTION callback is not defined. When
defined the application must draw all the canvas contents. This will
optimize the redraw of canvas based controls and application canvases.
The TRANSPARENT value for the BGCOLOR is not supported anymore.
- New attribute IMMARGIN to control the spacing between the
border and the image in IupButton.
- Optimized the IupButton and IupLabel drawing when IMAGE is
- Fixed incorrect stop for the IupTimer. Improved start and
- Flicker now is significantly reduced. CLIPCHILDREN=YES is
now default. IupFrame background drawing optimized.
- New dialog attribute "CONTROL" that enable the embedding of
the dialog inside another window. Used by LuaCOM to create OLE
(ActiveX) controls implemented in Lua.
- New IupText attribute "PASSWORD" to hide the typed
- IUP is now compatible with Windows XP Visual Styles. See
the Win32 driver documentation.
- Fixed invalid return value when retreiving the FONT
- Added backward compatibility code for Motif 1.2. Must edit
makefile to add the file "src/mot/ComboBox1.c".
- Missing support for IupList with EDITBOX=YES in iupMask.
- BGCOLOR for images were ignored in the IupTree.
- Now some matrix cell attributes are not inherited from
parent. Like "L:C", "ALIGNMENT*", "FGCOLOR*", "BGCOLOR*", "FONT*",
"WIDTH*" and "HEIGHT*", for optimization reasons.
- IupTree now uses double buffer for optimal drawing.
To avoid flicker during resize in Windows, do not use it inside a
IupFrame, and use CLIPCHILDREN=YES.
- New utility functions: IupTreeSetAttribute,
IupTreeStoreAttribute IupTreeGetFloat, IupTreeSetfAttribute,
- New IupMatrix callback DRAW_CB to allow a custom drawing
of the cell contents.
- New IupTree DRAGDROP_CB callback.
- New IupSpin and IupSpinbox utility functions.
- Fixed ihandle_gettable in iuplua.lua when iupGetTable is
nil when object is created in C.
This affected the object returned by iup.LoadImage.
- Fixed Zbox children names initialization.
- Missing DROPFILES_CB callback management.
- Missing FGCOLOR_CB and BGCOLOR_CB callback management for
the IupMatrix. The returned values order was inverted.
- Missing MAP_CB callback management for IupCanvas in IupLua3.
Version 2.2.2 (07/Oct/2004)
- Fixed bug in IupGetFile FILTER initialization.
- Improved IMINACTIVE automatic generation algorithm.
- New zip package for download with iup images in LED format.
- New application IupView to load and display LED files.
- Fixed some attribute storage in iupMask and IupGetParam.
Fixed bug when several masks are used in the same dialog.
- Replaced the internal Lua4 code for a smaller hash table
module. Thanks to Danny Reinhold.
- Fixed IupGetParam invalid memory access.
- IupNextField and IupPreviousField now only changes the
focus for the checked toggle inside a radio.
- IupGetAttributes now returns the pointer address if
attribute is a known internal pointer data.
- Now pressing Enter over a button activates it, even if it
is not the DEFAULTENTER button.
- Esc and Backspace keys now will be translated even if
CapsLock is active.
- New ENTERWINDOW_CB and LEAVEWINDOW_CB for buttons.
- Fixed double click for button, toggle and list were not
being considered as two clicks.
- removed FLAT style from toggles with IMPRESS image. Fixed
size of toggle with image.
- New attribute SHOWDROPDOWN to open the dropdown list
- Removed a black border around IupMultiline and IupText.
- Removed the TABSTOP for non marked Toggles inside a Radio.
- Fixed invalid memory access when menu item is activated
and all dialog controls are disabled.
- Fixed IupFileDlg ignored the x,y parameters of IupPopup.
- Enter in IupMultiline activated the DEFAULTENTER button
instead of adding a new line.
- Fixed invalid memory access when set FONT to NULL.
- Fixed ACTION callback called for IupList when list
contents were cleared.
- IupTree and IupTabs did not propagate to the parent the
K_ANY callback for non used keys.
- The TITLEs, BGCOLORs, FGCOLORs and FONTs attributes were
incorrectly set after a DELLIN, ADDLIN, DELCOL or ADDCOL.
- In Windows when the user double click a dropdown list now
will start opened.
- The user callback scroll_cb was incorrectly registered.
- New "HIDEFOCUS" attribute to hide the focus mark when
- Now in MARK_MODE=CELL and MULTIPLE=YES you can click on
the title area to mark a full line or collumn at once.
- New BGCOLOR_CB and FGCOLOR_CB callbacks.
- Fixed when MARKMODE=LIN/COL/LINCOL if the first cell in
the line/column is selected the click in the title area was ignored.
- Removed "print" debug calls in internal code.
- IupGetAttribute/iup.GetAttribute now returns an user data
if attribute is a known internal pointer data.
- New IupGetAttributeData/iup.GetAttributeData that returns
the data always as an used data.
- Fixed incomplete initialization of image object returned
Version 2.2.1 (25/Aug/2004)
- Fixed some minor bugs introduced in version 2.2.
- Fixed HTML help navigation.
- For disabled buttons and toggles when the IMINACTIVE is not
defined by IMAGE is defined, we replace the non transparent colors by a
darker version of the background color creating the disabled effect.
- New key K_PAUSE.
- Fixed dynamic cursor creation.
- Toggle with inactive image could be enabled/disabled only
- Fixed toggle in Radio behavior.
- Some keys were not being treated correctly.
- Improved key codes management.
- Fixed IupList setattribute VALUE and list items activated
the ACTION callback.
- Circular IupDial now uses abssolute angle.
- CARET did not work when set inside EDITION_CB in IupMatrix.
- Check for double initialization of IupControls.
- Better resize management for IupVal and IupDial.
- IupControls now depends on the CD library version 4.3.3 in
- Wrong implementation of DROPCHECK_CB.
Version 2.2 (11/Aug/2004)
- Definition of K_parenleft changed to K_parentleft in C and
all Lua bindings.
- Major IupLua5 change (see IupLua section below).
- IupLua4 is not supported.
- Motif 1.x is not supported.
- Documentation in Portuguese removed from the manual.
- Changed and documented the default palette used in
- IupImage can now have up to 256 colors.
- New mouse wheel callback "WHEEL_CB" for Windows and Motif.
If not defined the wheel will automatically scroll the canvas
- Changes on global attributes:
"COMPUTERNAME", "USERNAME" - now implemented also in Motif.
"COPYRIGHT" - not documented
"SCREENDEPTH", "SYSTEMVERSION" - new for Windows and Motif
"SYSTEM" - Implementation were different from the documentation
"CURSORPOS" was documented as if it was only for Windows.
"LOCKLOOP" now implemented also in Motif..
- The definitions IUP_SBDRAGV and IUP_SBDRAGH were not
- Callback MENUSELECT_CB changed to HIGHLIGHT_CB. Now
implemented also in Motif.
- New menu callback MENUCLOSE_CB.
- New utility functions IupMessagef and IupGetInt2.
- Improved visual appearance of IupScanf, IupAlarm and
- New creation attribute "SEPARATOR" for IupLabel so you can
create vertical or horizontal line separators.
- New IupGetText predefined dialog.
- Now all the predefined dialogs consult the global attribute
- New "HELP_CB" callback for all interactive controls.
- The "KEYPRESS_CB" callback now will be called repeatedly if
the key is pressed and held.
- IupList can now have an edit box associated.
- The OLD newfocus parameter of the KILLFOCUS_CB is now NULL
always, in Windows and Motif.
- The BGCOLOR color for IupImage transparency was not
according to the documentation.
It was using the default background color of the dialog.
Now it uses the BGCOLOR of the control where it is inserted.
- Menus for notification icons (system tray) were not
- Cursors in Windows now accept more than 2 colors and can
have size different from 32x32.
- IupImage was rewritten in Windows to be more simple and
flexible. This also solved some weird button backgrounds in gcc3.
- New global attributes "SHIFTKEY" and "CONTROLKEY" can be
"ON" or "OFF", return the the key state (windows only).
- The default size for buttons in Windows was increased by 2
- Returning IUP_CLOSE in a SHOW_CB of an IupPopup wasn't
- IupOpen instead of initializing OLE, now only initializes
- The border of buttons are now drawn by a system function
instead of simulated.
- New attribute "PLACEMENT" to show the dialog maximized or
- In IupFileDlg when browsing for folder it will use a new
interface, with a resizable dialog and other features.
Also in IupFileDlg fixed start position for IupPopup. New file
selection callback and preview area. IupFileDlg was not using the
IUP_PARENTDIALOG attribute. Default value for IUP_NOOVERWRITEPROMPT was
wrong. ALLOW_NEW was inconsistent with the documentation.
- The button callback now is called only when the button is
released inside the button area.
- WOM callback renamed to WOM_CB.
- New "HELPBUTTON" attribute for the dialog.
- The menu item now accepts auxiliary bitmaps.
- When the dialog has a multiline and the user press ESC the
window was improperly closed.
- Fixed comboox resize feedback. When resizing the dialog
the combobox was temporarily opened.
- IupCanvas was not receiving arrow keys events correctly in
- IupHide now can close popup dialogs.
- Attribute TABSIZE for IupMultiline in Windows was not
- Default value for attribute BGCOLOR for IupCanvas in
Windows was not documented.
- Direction keys now are processed by the ACTION callback
- The GETFOCUS_CB and KILLFOCUS_CB management for the
controls was reviewed and optimized.
GETFOCUS_CB now works for toggle and button.
- First RESIZE_CB of the canvas received a wrong canvas size.
- Label alignment for images was always center.
- New global attribute: "MOTIFVERSION".
- IUP_SBDRAGV and IUP_SBDRAGH were not implemented.
- HIGHLIGHT_CB menu item callback.
- "COMPUTERNAME", "USERNAME" and "LOCKLOOP" global
- IupMessage now uses native XmMessageBox.
- The overwrite confirmation dialog was closing the file
open if the user answered "No".
- Implemented the IUP_NOOVERWRITEPROMPT attribute for
- The dropdown list now uses the Motif 2 combobox widget. So
IUP is not compatible with Motif 1.x anymore.
- Now the GETFOCUS callback is also invoked when the list is
- KEYPRESS_CB is now called only for IupCanvas.
- DEFAULTESC and DEFAULTENTER were missing in IupGetColor.
- New function IupLoadImage that uses the library IM to load
an image file (implemented in an additional library).
- New dialog IupGetParam, similar to IupScanf but uses
variable controls for fields.
- IupTabs now uses the FGCOLOR for the text color.
- ICTL_DASHED was missing in the documentation of IupGauge.
The control now has the attributes MIN and MAX just like the valuator.
- For IupVal and IupDial, new keyboard and mouse wheel
New attribute "SHOWTICKS" to show tick marks around the valuator.
New attribute "UNIT" to change the angle unit to degrees in the dial.
Completely changed visual of the controls.
The controls can now be deactivated and it displays focus feedback.
- Updated visual for the IupGauge and IupTabs controls.
- In IupTabs the popup menu to select a tab sometimes did
not set the new tab.
- Documentation reviewed and reorganized.
- Returning IUP_CLOSE in CLICK_CB was not closing
- The scrollbar drag will now simultaneously scroll the
- New callback "DROPCHECK_CB" to aid the dropdown feedback
in the cell.
- New utility functions: IupMatSetAttribute,
IupMatStoreAttribute IupMatGetFloat, IupMatSetfAttribute,
- Fixed some display erros in Windows because of an error in
the size of the scrollbar.
- In Windows pressing a key in a menu activates the k_any of
the last active element. In the matrix this turns into an infinit loop.
The matrix now uses the keypress_cb instead of the k_any callback.
- Fixed empty selection in the dropdown list if the user
press a regular key to start editing the cell.
- Fixed invalid dropdown value if the user changed focus to
- CLICK_CB was called twice in a double click
- In Motif, the textbox and the dropdown did not open when
you double click a cell. But now the user still needs to click again in
the control to put it into focus.
- After editing the cell in the last line, now the focus
goes to the column on the right at the last line, instead of the first
- BGCOLOR now works also for titles.
- FONT attribute now can be set/get just like BGCOLOR and
FGCOLOR. But the cell size is calculated always from the matrix
- Documentation reviewed and reorganized.
- CTRL and SHIFT accepts only values IUP_YES and IUP_NO.
Default value of SHIFT and CONTROL is NO, it was NULL.
- Pressing Space without Control now activates the
- The selection callback wasn't working in Lua 5 binding.
- MOUSEMOVE_CB in Dial control was receiving wrong angle
parameter in Lua 5 binding.
- IupGLCanvas wasn't working in Lua 5 binding.
- Major IupLua5 change.
It now complies to LTN7 (namespaces). All exported functions are
accessed only through iup.FunctionName (no Iup
All callbacks in Lua are now access through their exact name in the C
API. Mostly add sufix "_cb" to name (most common callbacks renamed for
ex: getfocus_cb, killfocus_cb). Also some names were fix:
valuecb >> value_cb and mapcb >> map_cb.
Numeric definitions also changed: IUP_DEFAULT >>
String definitions for values are no longer supported, use "YES", "NO",
iupcb changed to iup.colorbrowser.
- Use LoadLibrary to load IUP from Lua.
- There was no stack pop in color processing loop fo IupImage
- IupLua4 is not supported anymore.
- Added support for IupTree and IupSbox.
- Fixed include for IupColorBrowser.
- Fixed small invalid memory access.
Version 2.1 (18/Feb/2004)
- New split-panel control: IupSbox
- IupTree and IupMatrix libraries are now part of iupcontrols
- New functions to traverse IUP controls: IupGetNextChild,
- IupAppend accepts elements other than predefined internal
controls (allowing CPI containers)
- Focus now may go to CPI controls
- Attribute IUP_X, IUP_Y are now valid for every control that
has a native representation (returns the position of the control in
- CURSORPOS global attribute is now returned from the driver
- IupGetFile was not allowing new files and should not change
- IupGetFile was not accepting long directories
- IupAlarm does not take [ENTER] as button1 click anymore
- IupScanf does not accept "," when option is float
- Windows 95 is no longer supported
- Trying to get attribute NAME for and invalid ID returns
- Fixed attributes IUP_CTRL e IUP_SHIFT for mouse interaction
- Special keys such as backspace, control+c, etc. are now
ignored when not in edit mode
- leaveitem/enteritem were not being generated when the focus
was leaving or entering the matrix
- leaveitem/enteritem should not being called when the cell
enters edition mode through the mouse
- IupOpen/IupClose now initializes OLE
- ENTERWINDOW/LEAVEWINDOW reimplementation. LEAVEWINDOW does
not fail anymore
- Mouse hook removed. Better performace
- New attributes TRAY, TRAYTIP and TRAYIMAGE and new
callback TRAYCLICK_CB which allows a dialog to be put in the tray
- Action in IupText now responds to the [ENTER] key
Some keys were not working with keypress callback: \ ] [ ' ; / . ,
- New attribute NATIVEPARENT, which makes any dialog in
Windows able to be parent of a IUP dialog (even from other toolkits)
- Better protection dealing with other processes messages
- IupFileDialog when used to get directory was not updating
STATUS attribute correctly
- IUP_APPEND small memory problem fix
- atexit removed
- KILLFOCUS_CB and GETFOCUS_CB were not being called when
focus goes to the menu
- MAP_CB in a canvas is now called before RESIZE_CB (like
the Motif driver)
- ALT-F4 was not working to close application
- Images sometimes show black using Visual C: do not use
option in Visual C 6.0 /NODEFAULTLIB:libcd
- IUP_TIP does not show when the fade effect is on: MS fixed
the problem, use autoupdate
IupLua 3.2, 4.0, 5.0
- Functions exported to Lua: IupGetType, IupGetParent,
- IupTimer, IupSbox binding
- IupTreeGetTable, IupTreeSetTableId, IupTreeGetTableId
- Several bug fixes in IupLua 5.0
- New function iuplua_pushihandle, iuplua_dofile and
- If iuplua_dofile and iuplua_dostring are used errors are
reported through _ERRORMESSAGE function
- Default _ERRORMESSAGE function shows a dialog with the error
- IupLua5: Removed Lua redefinitions of dofile and dostring
- Minor bug in IupTree function TreeSetValue
- IupListDialog was not returning a table as it should when
in multiple mode
- Attribute IUP_VALUE wasn't taking effect when set before
- CD canvas was being altered during mouse movement event
- CPI manual revision
- IupLua manual revision
- Several examples revised
- Controls section rearranged
- README on how to compile IUP with tecmake
Version 2.0.1 (31/Jul/2003)
- Attribute IUP_TYPENAME replaced by IupGetType function
- minor bugs introduced in 2.0 because of internal old misuse
of the hash table.
- Following controls were not working with LED: val, dial,
gl, matrix, tree.
- New canvas attribute "DRAWSIZE" that returns the drawing
area of the canvas (in Windows we may have an addicional border
included in "RASTERSIZE").
- Memory invasion when eliminating an item from an IupList
with multiple items.
- Callback IUP_OPEN_CB sometimes was not being called.
- New dialog attribute "BRINGFRONT" which forces dialog to be
the window in the front. Useful for multithreaded applications.
- Attribute ACTIVE was not working with radio control.
- Now folder selection in IupFileDlg uses IUP_DIRECTORY as a
- Now when ESC or ENTER is pressed KEYPRESS_CB is generated
- Dropdown were becoming unstable when VALUE attribute is set
- Dropdown were not being positioned accordingly.
- IupList was not selecting the first item.
- IupTimer callback were called only once.
- The value "BGCOLOR" in a value of an image color table
index appeared with erroneous color.
- keyboard and mouse callbacks were not being called when in
- Updated to reflect 2.0 changes like "iupmatrx" to
- Now tests if name is not NULL before using IupSetHandle.
- New binding for Lua 5. This is beta version since uses old
notation "iuplabel" instead of "iup.label".
Version 2.0 (23/Jun/2003)
- IUP has undergone a large internal reorganization, but no
structural or algorithmic changes have occurred. The purpose of this
reorganization was to standardize function, variable and module
nomenclature. This process is not yet complete, but the few remaining
details will be solved in the next version.
- Table Hash was completely replaced with a modified version
of Lua 4. This version is internal of IUP and does not affect
applications. This has brought us a better management of the memory
used by attributes.
- The CPI was changed to allow the creation of native
controls, as well as controls based on IupCanvas. The internal controls
were not yet rewritten over the new CPI - this will be done
progressively in the next versions.
- The Ihandle definition changed from "void" to "typedef
struct Ihandle_ Ihandle;". This has direct implications on C++
applications that did not do pointer typecast. In C++, code errors
might occur and, in C, there might be warnings.
- New control IupTimer. Allows creating timers in Windows and
- New callback "KEYPRESS_CB". Allows intercepting any key and
replacing all callbacks "K_xxx".
- IupHelp was rewritten in a simpler way. In Windows, it
simply uses the system's configuration to open a URL and, in UNIX, it
directly runs Netscape or another executable configured by an
- New attribute "FULLSCREEN", allows creating a dialog that
occupies exactly the whole screen.
- Dialog IupGetFile was rewritten using IupFileDlg.
- New attribute "CURSORPOS", allows programmatically changing
the cursor's position on the screen.
- New attribute "NOOVERWRITEPROMPT" for IupFileDlg. It
prevents IupFileDlg in Save mode from asking the user if s/he really
wishes to overwrite a file.
- Problem corrected in the file list in the use of attribute
"MULTIPLE_FILES" for IupFileDlg. When only a folder was selected, it
was not setting the "STATUS" attribute in a cancelled action.
- Greater driver stability - Ihandle is no longer dependant
on the native handle (HWND).
- New global attributes "HINSTANCE", "SYSTEMLANGUAGE",
- Global attribute IUP_SYSTEM now returns a more complete
- Cursor now changes instantly - it only changed before
returning to IUP.
- In an inactive IupToggle, the IMINACTIVE image is now
- The iupmot library no longer exists. Tecmake has been
updated, but those who use their own metafiles must remove this file
from the list of libraries in the application.
- New attribute "AUTOREPEAT" allows turning on and off the
automatic repetition mode of pressed keys.
- [4/5] IupListDialog when selection type is 1 (single) was
not returning any value.
- [4/5] Callbacks mapcb and showcb had their names wrong:
map_cb and show_cb
-  Callback action in IupMultiline was not passing the
- [4/5] In IupTree, callbacks "afterselection" and
"beforeselection" were replaced with the callback "selection".
- We have joined seven libraries in one: dial, gauge, cb, gc,
mask, tabs and val. But neither the initialization functions nor each
control's inclusion files were changed. The source code does not need
to be altered, except for the makefiles. Tecmake was given a flag
USE_IUPCONTROLS to automatically include this library.
- The name of the library was changed from "iupmatrx" to
"iupmatrix". The same for the inclusion files. Therefore, all
applications that use IupMatrix must change the source code and the
makefile to reflect these changes.
- In one case, the active CD canvas was not being returned to
the old canvas before drawing.
- In Linux, the additional GLw library was added to the
- New attributes for query in UNIX: CONTEXT (GLXContext),
VISUAL (XVisualInfo*) , COLORMAP (Colormap).