Roadmap for the Next Versions
- C++ API
- Complete the Tutorial
- Interactive Dialog Editor / Tools to improve productivity
Next Versions (?)
Interactive change of column position in IupMatrix
Future Versions (??)
- Dialog Templates
- MacOS X native driver
- Important: Interactive
- Important: RPM, Debian and
LuaRocks distribution packages.
- Important: IupGLCanvas in
MACOS X using native OpenGL support.
- Important: a MacOS X native driver using Cocoa.
- The actual model for control data structure in the internal SDK is
restricted for derived classes.
- Loading and saving RTF files in
IupText. Add support for images inside the text.
- Possibility to change the system menu in Windows. Support for cascading
IupPopup for menus.
- Known Issue: when in Windows 8 the
IupFontDlg dialog does not supports the TITLE attribute nor can be
- Known Issue: when an IupVal
is inside an IupTabs, the tabs disappear when the mouse
moves over it after being used in the valuator. A workaround is to put the
valuator inside an IupFrame and then inside the
IupTabs, so the problem does not occur.
- Known Issue: when the dialog background is
dynamically changed the IupVal background is only updated
after the user click on the control or when the control is redisplayed.
- Known Issue: in Windows Vista the
COMPOSITE=YES attribute of the IupDialog is not working as expected. There
is still flicker when the dialog is resized. IupTabs in Windows Vista when
COMPOSITE=YES works only if MULTILINE=YES. (since 3.0)
- Known Issue: in Windows when CANFOCUS=NO
only the Tab key navigation is not done, when clicked the control will still
get the focus. The only exceptions are button and canvas.
- Known Issue (Compiler): the IupImgLib
takes an very long time to compile under Visual C++ up to version VC9
(starting in VC10 the problem does no occur). (since 3.0)
- Known Issue (Compiler): when building with Open Watcom
the additional controls crash. When you add debug information to the main
IUP library the problem solves. We tried to track down this error but it
does not occurs with debug information and our attempts without debug does
not gives any results. So the IUP main library for Watcom is now distributed
with debug information. (since 3.0)
- Known Issue: can not set focus to a child
inside TABCHANGE_CB or TABCHANGEPOS_CB in IupTabs, because
internally GTK will always set the focus to the first child.
- Known Issue: in Ubuntu 11.10 the canvas
scrollbar is not notifying IUP that the user dragged the control. To solve
the problem remove the overlay-scrollbar, this is the package that makes the
scrollbar invisible until the mouse is near it.
- Known Issue: when the IupList
has DROPDOWN=Yes in Motif, and the list has items with the same string, the
ACTION callback will return the index of the item with the first instance of
the string only. This seems to be a bug or limitation in Motif.
- Known Issue: an element when
inside an IupScrollBox is not being displayed until the box
is scrolled if its size alone is greater than the scrollbox visible size.
- Known Issue: IupMatrix
crash the application during its creation on OpenMotif 2.3.3. inside the
creation of the internal IupList.
create a base library for exported functions. All other libraries will be
pure Lua modules only.
remove the standard "lib" prefix from pure
modules dynamic libraries names in UNIX.
remove the Lua version number suffix from all libraries.
columns, i.e. interactive change of column position.
- Known Issue: the rubber band gets lost
depending on what you do inside the SELECTION_CB callback in GTK. To avoid
that set RUBBERBAND=NO.
- Known Issue: the SELECTION_CB callback may
be called more than once for the same node with the same status.
- Known Issue: in Windows XP, when using a font
for an node with TITLEFONTid in IupTree that is larger than
the element FONT the item text will be cropped at right and bottom because
the system uses the element font to calculate the item size. The only
exception is when you just change the font to add a Bold style.
- RENAMEEDIT_CB callback and RENAMEMASKid attribute.
- Add new nomenclature option for id, for example ":2:1:4"
- Define minimum size based on tree nodes.
- drag&drop of multiple selected nodes.
text render quality is lower than in
add UTF-8 mode using MathGL Unicode support.
- Compile MathGL using OpenMP support.
- Logarithm scale is not working properly.
- Automatic ticks computation needs to be improved.
Possible New Controls
- DropDownButton -
Mix between a drop down list and a button
- Table - similar to IupMatrix but using native controls
- Scrollbar - just
the scrollbar as a control. (Windows,GTK,Motif)
- PropertyGrid - a 2 column matrix with expandable/closeable items
- IP Address (Windows)